In the long Puppet tradition of fast releases and agile iteration comes the 2.6.1 release! 2.6.1 is a maintenance release in the 2.6.x branch. It contains a number of functional and performance enhancements including preliminary support for running Puppet under JRuby (thanks Brice!). We’ve include release notes below that you can also see here. The release is available for download here. Please note that this release of Puppet is signed with the Puppet Labs key. See the Verifying Puppet Download section here. Please report feedback via the Puppet Labs Redmine site: Please select an affected version of 2.6.1.
- Added R.I. Pienaar’s extlookup function (see release notes for documentation). We’ll add JSON and YAML back- ends to the CSV back-ends in future releases.
- Added preliminary JRuby support
- Added ext/puppet-load - a tool for testing master compilation speeds
- Added md5 hash function
- Migration of internal Restructured Text Documentation to Markdown
- Added http_refresh and cost parameters to the yumrepo type
- Minor supporting fixes including updated VIM syntax, logcheck, SuSE packaging, Passenger configuration, new man pages, and Red Hat Spec file amongst others.